Tuesday, August 12, 2008

English as a first language

Chris or me: "Jack, are you fine?"
Jack: "I'M FINE." (yelling)

He seriously cracks us up with this stuff. This came out of nowhere last weekend. Chris and I laughed so hard that he kept saying it. "I'M FINE. [laughter] I'M FINE. [laughter] I'M FINE."

Favorite question: "Hot?" (He asks this before I feed him ANYTHING.)

Most used word: "NO."

First two-word combo: "Car hot" (and it was)

Second two-word combo: "More wawa" (water)

Second funniest thing he says: "High fi" ("High five" as he lunges toward you with his hand up in the air.)

And so it goes. The little guy is learning to communicate. And it dawned on me the other day that he pretty much understands most of what I say to him. It's all so mind boggling. To think that just over a hear ago this little person couldn't even roll over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home